Dear Parents & Families,
Congratulations! It is almost time for your students to begin a Boston University experience. We hope that they are as excited to move to Boston as we are to welcome them.
We at Parent & Family Programs know that there are so many things for you and your Terriers to think about and do prior to the first day of class. We, along with the rest of the BU staff, want to make this transition as smooth as possible for your family, so we’ve compiled a list of important dates:
- Monday, December 7 at 8:00 PM (ET) — Parents’ Pulse Zoom Gathering
- Wednesday, December 9 at 1:00 PM (ET) — Parents’ Pulse Zoom Gathering
- Wednesday, January 6 at 1:00 PM (ET) — Spring Semester & Campus Life Updates via Zoom
- Thursday, January 7 at 8:00 AM (ET) — Spring Semester & Campus Life Updates via Zoom
- Friday, January 8 at 9:00 AM (ET) — Spring Semester & Campus Life Updates via Zoom
- Monday, January 11 at 5:00 PM (ET) – Parent & Family Orientation Session One
- Wednesday, January 13 at 8:00 AM (ET) – Parent & Family Orientation Session Two
- Thursday, January 14-Sunday, January 24 — Move-in for new & continuing students
- Monday, January 18 — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Thursday, January 21-Friday, January 22 — Orientation (Students only)
- Sunday, January 24, noon —Virtual CGS Matriculation Ceremony
- Monday, January 25 – Flu shot compliance deadline
Now is a great time to review important information pertaining to your students’ BU experience—such as:
- If you have not already attended please register for Parent & Family Orientation
- Ensure that you have scheduled your move-in date and time and that you are familiar with move-in protocols
- Book a hotel room if you are assisting with move-in and you are compliant with the Massachusetts Travel Restrictions.
- Parents & Family Programs has set up a room block at the Hyatt Regency Boston/Cambridge offering a 20% discount
- Review Back2BU website for important information about COVID-19 protocols
- Make sure that your student is compliant with all immunizations including the flu shot which is now mandatory
- Visit the Dean of Students’ website for updates
- Re-visit the CGS Timeline
If you still have questions, we’ve got answers. We are here to help guide you and your students.
- Contact Parent & Family Programs at 617-358-1187 or send us an email;
- Visit the Parent & Family Programs website, watch our Know Before You Go videos, get daily updates on our Facebook page, and follow us on Instagram;
- Contact our Regional Parent Contacts for parent-to-parent advice
- Subscribe to BU Today for daily emails about the University.
We look forward to welcoming your student in January!
Christy Loring, Director, Parent & Family Programs